Start by taking a look at their reviews. As you may expect, a lot of untrustworthy SEO companies have collected a slew of bad reviews from people they have improperly taken advantage of in the past. Don’t trust anyone who appears to be as such. Always ask for examples of reviews and maybe even portfolio pieces or case studies.
- Don’t forget to clarify the contents of the contract. Have them explain to you in plain terms what they are proposing, and what your signature then entails.
- How does cancellation work? There’s nothing worse than being locked in a contract with someone you’ve learned to distrust or just don’t enjoy working with.
- Make sure you know when the contract ends.
- Clarify communication terms. Who writes who, and when? Make sure to decide on a standard so that each side can hold each other accountable.
- Ask to retain access to your own site and analytics. They should not be afraid to help you in this way, as well as to provide information on who has access to FTP, CMS, AdWords, and Analytics.
- Who owns the website? Some companies claim ownership of the project, especially if they’re building it from scratch. Make sure you know, because the stakes of canceling raise significantly if you’ll be left without a website for any given amount of time. It’s best to work with an SEO company who allows you to own the site.
- Are there guarantees for figures? Watch out. Such an offer may be tempting, but a real, authentic, trustworthy SEO company won’t guarantee specific results, only clarify their goals and their means of attaining them.
- Ask if the company has relevant experience with similar businesses to yours, or in the industry which you work within. Experience in your specific field can help, especially with the formalities of content creation.
- What contract options are available? Don’t be upsold to the most expensive “just because.” Some small businesses don’t need the same extensive work as a large business. Clarify this and demand honesty.
- Clarify fees, payment options, and what precisely you’ll be paying for.
We believe that we’re your best option, as far as SEO companies built to serve your interests. We respect our competitors, which is why we learn what the leaders in the industry are doing best, preserve our own unique merits, and continuously live within this reciprocity in order to elevate and grow. We care about how you appear on the web. As a client of ours, your image reflects our image and vice versa; our success is your success, which is shared success.